Watch out shoes!!! Your boring black is about to get pretty!
Every year I attend A Girls Day In event for Breast Cancer. This year is particularly special for me as we are celebrating 20 years since my mum beat breast cancer! She was diagnosed at the young age of 39. Being 35 years old myself I am very vigilant. Last year I received genetic testing for the aggressive BRACH2 cancer gene and tested negative! So rather than 80% chance of cancer, my odds are now 1 in 11 like the general population. (Still very high odds to me!) so I'm all for promoting awareness.
So once a year, I'll be wearing my old/new breast cancer "Get em-girls"! (More often than I wear them now!)
As you can see I covered the black using the new range of Imaginisce Enchanted range... which I was lucky that my local shop was unpacking Tuesday morning!
I used my I-top to make a large brad for my buckle.
I cut out two different sized flowers from the Princess Posies paper and cut the petals on one and frayed it, placing a small i-top covered brad in the middle. I cut the pink ribbon from SCAL and i-rocked it!
I papermache'd the back using the crowns paper and placed a thick layer of glossy accents over it. I also love using the i-top punch shape occasionally, like I did here, to create an embellishment.
Some matching enchanted ribbon by Imaginisce and I'm all finished. Ready to party.
Thanks Pinky and the team at Imaginisce for such a great challenge. I loved taking the time creating these reflecting on what an awesome strong woman my mum was to survive chemotherapy and the great job Breast Care Nurses and research companies such as K-Confab do.
I'll wear them proudly, if only once a year.
I know you are all waiting for my calendar... well at least two of my followers are! lol. I'll be posting tomorrow (If I don't get distracted again!) AND there is a prize too! See you tomorrow! x






They look awesome Chloe. Is there anything you don't scrap? lol
ReplyDeleteThese are ah-mazing!!! So clever and creative!!!
ReplyDeletePerfect for that one time a year to take them out and show them off for a good cause!
Wow! These shoes are amazing, it's good to see people getting behind the pink cause!
ReplyDeletewow, how cool are these shoes. They look so professional too. Jimmy Choo eat your heart out!
ReplyDeleteFirstly you have one very brave and special Mum!
ReplyDeleteSecondly... oh my goodness what a fabulous project. The shoes are fantastic! Thanks for playing along!
Your shoes will be envied by so many at that event. Great project.
ReplyDeleteYou did a sterling job on those shoes...enjoy wearing them proudly...! Thansk for playing with us...
ReplyDeleteOHHH girl thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. I adore your shoes!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove love the shoes...wow!! Very creative!! Super cute! Awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing project! This comes straight from the heart and you can see that!!! Love this SO much!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that your Mum is doing well! Thank you for playing along with us at Imaginisce.
Congrats to your mother and wow what a great project. Beautiful shoes!
ReplyDeleteLove it love it love it! AND I am TOTALLY jealous of your i-top holder box thingy! I just love that and it would come in SO handy! What a fabulous idea! Thank you so much for playing along in Pinky's challenge! She is going to love these as much as I do! :) Congrats to your mom and to you for not having the aggressive gene. I was privileged to go to the Crop for a Cure with Monique Griffith and Wendy Lawrence (two fabulous ladies) and could not have been happier crafting for a cause! You go girl!
ReplyDeleteBIG congrats to you and your Mum. LOVE these shoes! Strut 'em girlee. :)
ReplyDeleteI am soooo happy to hear your mom beat breast cancer and to hear the great news about you. The shoes are TDF cute and OMG, I LOVE your altered i-top box!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness how clever is that!!!! I will need to remember this the next time that I need the right color pair of shoes!!! Very clever!!
ReplyDelete