Sunday, January 16, 2011

Flaunt it Friday! #7 Mini Monsters Skull

Hi Everyone! I'm back for my third Flaunt it Friday challenge! It's my goal to enter these all year. The challenges are fun and this week's is no exception: The skull from Mini Monsters.

I was so happy when I saw this. Years ago (pre-cricut) I made a lame scrapbook page using these photos and wanted to chuck it out and start again... so I did! 


My layout is about all the cool clothes my son used to wear. Rather than keep a tonne of cute clothes for memories, I scrapped them. 

I even used my scanner to scan in and print out pics of his actual Kiss shirt and Beanie.  




I loved using my Making Memories coloured staples to enhance the reds on the page.



The font is Tear Drop... which I always thought would be too girly, but works excellently in this layout.
The bold font is Jubilee (runt function)



My little peek-a-boo skull and the large one were cut from Indie Art
  

The splat skull is from Indie Art too. 

My boys always wore funny t-shirts so I wrote out afew to remind us. 
  

A bit of distressing, tearing and then inking with Barn Door Distress inks, a few funky brads... and I'm done. Another awesome page for Drew's album.


Thanks for another great challenge Flaunt it Fridays... 

I'm looking forward to Friday already!




13 comments:

  1. What cool pages! I love how you have used so many photos. Scanning the clothes another cool idea, think I need to use that one! I'v got bags and bags of cute stuff I can't part with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am sooooo not worthy! I have a bunch of pages I want to redo, too, but I am so far behind! I'm just getting to 2008! Aaaaaggggghhhhh! Anyway, thanks for playing along with us at FIF. Glad you want to join us every week!

    Jen
    Honeybean Creations
    http://huffinatorshangout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your layout! You did such an amazing job I love it when I see lots of beautiful pictures on a layout, great inspiration! TFS at FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is cute! LOVE the adorable pix and you are one stylin' Mom to dress your little guys so fabulously! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome layout! Love it! Thanks for flaunting it this week at FIF!

    Stacey
    staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most fabulous double page layouts I have seen in a while. I love that you have got so many photos on there. I think I might have to scrap lift this and see if I can create a more girly version for Sophie as I too have lots of fashion victim and trend setter pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amzing layout!! So much detail and some great pictures!! Thanks for flaunting it with us at FIF!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW... so LOVING these pages! I LOVE all the details and that adorable baby! Our son had those kissable cheeks too! How did you get sooo many pictures on these pages! I love that too!
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout!
    It is absolutely fantastic, love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic 2-page spread! How cute that you used a little skull to dot the "i" in the title! I really like the splat skull, too! Great flaunt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great layout! I love how you used the skulls, and that KISS shirt is too cute! Thanks for flaunting it with us over at FIF this week :)

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome layout - too funny! Thanks for playing along with us at FIF! :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete